The Journal of Islamic Education and Pesantren provides knowledge dissemination in the service of practice and to expedite the integration of research, theory, and practice in education. Researchers, scholars, teachers, administrators, specialists, and advanced doctoral students are invited to submit manuscripts that inform practice in madrasa, pesantren, Islamic higher education, and the worldviews upon the practices in those settings. Consistent with the Journalâ€™s mission, every manuscript accepted for review must include a discussion of implications for practice and or philosopy of education.
All papers submitted to the journal should be written in good Bahasa Indonesia or English or Arabic. Authors for whom English or Arabic is not their native language are encouraged to have their paper checked before submission for grammar and clarity. English or Arabic language and copyediting services can be provided by: International Science Editing and Asia Science Editing. The work should not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The official language of the manuscript to be published in Shakhsiyah Burhaniyah journal is Bahasa Indonesia, English, and Arabic.
Reviewing of Manuscripts
Every submitted paper is independently reviewed by at least two peer-reviewers. Decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendation. If two or more reviewers consider a manuscript unsuitable for publication in this journal, a statement explaining the basis for the decision will be sent to the authors within three months of the submission date.
General Author Guidelines
All manuscripts must be submitted to Journal of Islamic Education and Pesantren Editorial Office by Online Submission at E-Journal portal address: http://ejournal.unhasy.ac.id/index.php/jiep/user/register, where author register as Author and/or offered as Reviewer by online. If authors have any problems on the online submission, please contact Editorial Office at the following email: [email protected]
The following documents should accompany the manuscripts submitted by online through online submission interface (as supplementary files):
- A covering letter, outlines the basic findings of the paper, and their significance.
Manuscripts are acceptable for publication is original research articles.
Structure of the Manuscripts
- Title. The title should be short, clear, and informative, but does not exceed 12 words. Title should be in English, Arabic, and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Authorâ€™s names and institutions. The authorâ€™s names should be accompanied by the authorâ€™s institutions and email addresses, without any academic titles and/or job title.
- Abstract and keywords. The abstract should be less than 150 -160 words. Abstract should be in English, Arabic, and bahasa Indonesia. The key words should be 4 to 5 phrases in English, Arabic, and bahasa Indonesia.
- Introduction. This section explains the backround of the study, and aims of the manuscripts. It should be written without numbers and/or pointers.
- Method. This section explain the research method
- Discussion. This section explains the results of the study.
- Conclusions. This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study.
- References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred in the manuscript.
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
1. The authors should provide an index of subject, namely the specific terms in the manuscript. The authors should also provide the index of authors, namely the key authors of papers referred in the manuscript. Please write the family name followed by the given name.
2. Acknowledgment, if any, should be written as the foot-note of the manuscriptâ€™s title.
3. The manuscript is prepared in a A-4 paper, single-sided, and double-space format. A new paragraph should start 5 characters from the left margin, using 12-size, Time New Roman font type.
4. The manuscript should be in no less than 9000-13000 words .
5. The top and bottom margins are 1 inch.
6. The title is written using capital letters of 14 font size, centre position.
7. Sub titles are written using capital letters, started from the left margin.
8. Sub of sub titles are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words. They should be started from the left margin.
9. References should be those of the last ten years publication, unless they are key references.
10. Transliteration guidance (from Arabic to latin)
Arabic romanization should be written as follows:
Letters: â€™, b, t, th, j, á¸¥, kh, d, dh, r, z, s, sh, á¹£, á¸, á¹, áº“, â€˜, gh, f, q, l, m, n, h, w, y.
Short vowels: a, i, u. long vowels: Ä, Ä«, Å«. Diphthongs: aw, ay. TÄ marbÅ«á¹Ä: t. Article: al-. For detail information on Arabic Romanization, please refer the transliteration system of the Library of Congress (LC) Guidelines.
11. A brief CV that records full name, academic title, institution, telephone, fax and mobile number should accompany the manuscript.