All manuscripts submitted to TEFLICS undergo a screening and review process by the Editorial Board to ensure that they follow the scope of the journal and have sufficient academic quality and novelty to interest TEFLICS readers. The manuscripts will then be sent to the Peer-Reviewers for a Double-Blind Peer-Review Process in which both reviewers and authors' identities remain anonymous.
THE STEPS COVER: >> Initial screening >> peer review (there may be the first and second round) >> first decision (there may be the second, third decision, etc.) >> revision stage (there may be the first, second, third revision, etc.) >> final decision
- Initial screening: Newly-submitted manuscripts will be filtered by the Editor-in-Chief/Editorial Board for compliance with the scope of the TEFLICS and basic stylistic and bibliographic requirements, and for plagiarism using Turnitin software (the paper similarity index should be maximum 25%).
- Peer review: If the manuscript passes the initial screening stage, the manuscript will be assigned to the Editor, who will then send it to at least two experts in the relevant field to undergo a double-blind peer review. Manuscripts that fail to pass the initial screening will be rejected without further review.
- First decision: Decisions on manuscripts that are peer-reviewed will be made after receiving at least two review reports. In cases where the reports differ significantly, the Editor will invite additional reviews before making a decision. At this stage, a manuscript can be rejected, requested to be revised (small or large), accepted as is, or (if significant changes to the language or content are recommended) recommended to be sent back for a second-round review process. If accepted, the manuscript will be returned to the author for formatting. The final decision to accept the manuscript will be made by the Editor-in-Chief based on recommendations from the Editor and following approval by the Editorial Board.
- Revision stage: A manuscript that needs revision will be returned to the submitting author, who will have up to five days to format and revise the manuscript, which will then be reviewed by the Editor. The Editor will determine whether the changes are adequate and appropriate and whether the author has responded sufficiently. If not, then the cycle will be repeated with the manuscript returned to the submitting author for further revision.
- Final decision: At this stage, the revised manuscript will be accepted or rejected. This decision depends on whether the Editor believes the manuscript has been upgraded to a level suitable for publication. If the author has not made the necessary changes or has made it to a level below the TEFLICS standard, the manuscript will be rejected.
Journal of Teaching English as Foreign Language, Literature, and Linguistics is published by Universitas Hasyim Asy'ari Tebuireng Jombang in Indonesia.Editor and Administration Address:
Department of English Language Education, Faculty of Science Education, Universitas Hasyim Asy'ari Tebuireng Jombang, Jl. Irian Jaya No. 55 Tebuireng Jombang, East Java, Indonesia, (South of Gusdur's Tomb) Postal Code 61471, Email: [email protected], Website: http://ejournal.unhasy.ac.id/index.php/TEFLIC
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.